Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171737475767778798081

Thread: 87 Cobra R Convertible Build

Hood is built and being checked before shipping this week. Hopefully it is someone other than Ray Charles wielding the comparator or at least a ruler.

In the meantime,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn-...hKu9cD-mhksBoQ
    Opinionated beyond the pale

Enkeis all painted; lovely colour, the finish changes depending on the angle of light, almost flawless finish. Looks so good in the sunlight, thx Uncle John!!

Wheels painted:

Sold a bunch of wheelspacers, wheels etc the last while, sent the front bumper out for paint, alum splitter frame is out getting tig welded. Both doors are painted. Have epoxy for the trunk mounted wing uprights, so hopefully by the end of the month the new trunk lid will be ready and going out for paint. Bought a set of 17x8 tribar wheels with 72 year old WanLi tires for storage; needed to get 1" AFCO wheel spacers and had to install the extended wheels studs on the drivers side. All four Enkeis are in heated storage. The leather and Alcantara Recaros are also ready, have to pick them up Oct 27 when I'm back from Texas sales visits/BBQ trip.

Hoping to get some more done before Nov rolls in with frost and snow.

Oh, those are yours? Serge gave them to me for my birthday. Sorry man. Beauty seats!

Lol @ T Rat. I took one seat home and used it as tv chair last weekend, super comfy and perfectly adjustable for comfort and maximum ass grip.
    Found a couple of deficiencies / easy fixes - centre cushion stitching wasn't straight, so need to wait for some more alcantara to show up. Also needs the back recliner mechanism in the other seat fixed up/adjusted and to locate the outer plastic mech covers.

Will get them sometime in the next 10 days or so.

Picked up the freshly painted and ported Cervini front bumper cover. Looks awesome, thx Uncle John. Both front fenders are there to get re-sanded and polished.

That leaves drilling out and re enforcing the new steel trunk lid for the outer hinges and the wing uprights. That will happen later this month, then back to John for inner and outer paint. The CF hood will be the last thing to get fitted, once the car is all together and running next spring.

Going to order a couple of more final items/supplies this week, need a bit more Dynamat and a bunch of 1/8" Dynaliner for the doors and rear quarter panels. Will be following the Ring Brothers methodology on the Splittr Mustang build they did a few years ago; should make for a somewhat more solid feeling and sounding interior....well; as good as an old creaky vert can get.

Managed to sell another set of wheels, the genuine Ford Cobra Rs were shipped to Halifax today. At one point in time I had 5 wheel/tire sets here at the House of Debauchery; thankfully that is now down to only 2 full sets and 4 loose wheels, which will hopefully go soon as well. 18x10s, 6.45" b/s brand new, 22 lbs, 5 lug Kage MMD brand. Need spacers on Fox application, not sure on others. Can ship anywhere in North America if needed. $ 800 or b/o for set of 4, BNIB.

New steel trunk lid finally got exterior hinge and wing upright mounting holes laid out and drilled:

Wing mount support plate templates:

0.150" aluminum plasma cut and sanded, then bonded to trunk lid with structural 2 part epoxy:

All bolted together overnight and cured:

The main reason for the support plates is to prevent the trunk lid skin from buckling and wrinkling when tightening the wing upright mounts; secondarily, they will stabilize the whole affair, and should be strong enough to withstand some significant downforce and lift. In the event of a spin, the wing will instantly become just that.......a wing....like on a plane........

Trunk lid, mounts and uprights are all at John's now; he liked the plate mounting system; high praise indeded, coming from Gianni Versace / aka 007.

Also sold 2 sets of wheels the last little while, so there's some more room in the basement now!

Great build, wish you could get the pics back up on your hole build.
    That paint looks so nice on the fox and you gave me some ideas on how to mount my wing better.
    I did not have any supports on the inside of the hatch and I think my uprights may not be thick enough.

Thanks for the wheels and brake ideas as well.

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171737475767778798081