Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Are The Best Spark Plugs For A Ford Mustang?

Higher atmospheric pressure makes it harder to allow electricity to jump a gap. in order to keep the same gap at higher atmospheric pressure ( aka under boost) you need higher voltage to jump the gap, and that's not HOTROD that physics of electricity. some where in the area of 30,000 volts per cm at atmospheric pressure. ( it varies with air moisture too.)

so once again it stands that it is a good article for those that KNOW nothing about sparkplugs, it gives them somewhere to start and somewhere to get idea into their head that it is a part they should consider changing.
    Future303® - " good production values considering it's about choking the chicken"

KCCO

pist'n broke member

Orangeville Ont...its not the but hole of Ont...but you can see it from here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lips View Post
    Higher atmospheric pressure makes it harder to allow electricity to jump a gap. in order to keep the same gap at higher atmospheric pressure ( aka under boost) you need higher voltage to jump the gap, and that's not HOTROD that physics of electricity. some where in the area of 30,000 volts per cm at atmospheric pressure. ( it varies with air moisture too.)

so once again it stands that it is a good article for those that KNOW nothing about sparkplugs, it gives them somewhere to start and somewhere to get idea into their head that it is a part they should consider changing.
    ding ding!...good you get full marks...in its simplest form its resistance in a circuit

the greater the combustible charge is compressed the greater the resistance to jump the gap

you can either increase the voltage or decrease the gap to get the spark to jump (we choose a narrow gap)

the term blow out is a bit of a misnomer...nothing really blows out...the plug just cant fire

because conditions in the cylinder are not ideal for the spark to jump

pist'n broke member

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    Lou..... Thanks for including me with those Inspirational brainiacs!!

OK Dewy.... Spark blow out is caused by inproper thread engagement of the plug into the head. The pressure of forced induction blows them out of the head once they ignite. LOL

Did I guess right?
    John
    yes John...except this is fox hole...eg 302 motors

only the newer engines had this problem...just sayin...

I wanna be an inspirational brainiac one day...

Hey DW - here's your chance to act like a brainiac - what plugs are you running and why?
    I've been running AWSF32C Motorcraft spark plugs gapped at .028, although I frequently (and recently) discovered misfires. All the pros recommend Motorcraft or Autolite coppers, but I'm wondering if there is a long-lasting alternative like platinum.
    Stangless
    84 Capri RS Turbo SOLD
    89 Mustang LX Twin Turbo SOLD

pist'n broke member

Quote Originally Posted by toofast306 View Post
    Hey DW - here's your chance to act like a brainiac - what plugs are you running and why?
    I've been running AWSF32C Motorcraft spark plugs gapped at .028, although I frequently (and recently) discovered misfires. All the pros recommend Motorcraft or Autolite coppers, but I'm wondering if there is a long-lasting alternative like platinum.
    Motorcraft AGSF22C .028 gap...

I believe they are one heat range colder than the 32s (been a while)

you dont need any other plug in a forced Windsor unless its an all out race car for the track imo

I side gap all my plugs...probably unnecessary (but its a long winter)

be really careful with plugs...most guys arent...I buy bunches of the same plugs...theyre cheap...

if one hits the floor...toss it...dont use it...a plug thats properly installed and running will wear out during its life

with a hobby car were always pulling plugs out & fiddling around with stuff...easier to break one

cracks you cant even see...on install always make sure the plug socket is straight...its easy to crack

the porcelain...I use a jewelers loupe to inspect every plug I use & ones I suspect may be a problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12