Thread: Tire size question for weld draglites

Tire size question for weld draglites

I'm looking to buy new tires for my weld draglites but it seems to be impossible to find good tires for the front. It currently has 205/60 15. I am ok with changing the tire size to get into a good tire but everywhere I call either nobody wants to help me or they just can't figure it out. Any advice or anything u guys can recommended would be a huge help.

I dare ya ... I double dare ya ... TC86GT's Avatar

How wide is the rim? That will help narrow down what should fit.

7 inch rim

What type of tire are you looking for? Just popped over to tirerack.com and looked up the current 205 60 15 tire size and had 30+ different choices from hi performance to generic all seasons. You can have a quick look online then if you find something that suits your needs, have your local tire shop see if they can order them in for you. Probably not many shops stocking smaller 15" tires these days, but they should still be readily available to get in for you.

Also a stock size 225 60 15 would fit as well, but would obviously be taller/wider than your current 205's.

Thanks bud I appreciate. I took a look tirerack and what they have didn't really stand out to me. I'm looking for a performance tire but nothing to crazy. It has the old school g-force on there now. I know it's not the greatest performance tire but I would be happy with something along the lines of that

Nitto NT01 I have the same problem 15 inch tire size has limited options

You indicated performance tire. What kind of performance are you looking for, straight line drag or cornering and handling?

It currently has the old bfg g force. Something similar to that look and quality. It's a street car and want a tire that is capable of handling just about anything I can throw at it. I have been looking at what is available and playing with tire sizes but I can't make up my mind. Is there a tire u guys can recommend?