Thread: Temporary paint protection

Temporary paint protection

Hi guys,

I may have found a car finally, but it's 9 hours away. If I go get it and drive it home, I might want to protect the protect the front end, A pillars, and leading edge of he roof from stone chips. Any suggestions? I've heard of guys using blue painters tape. There's also Xpel Tracwrap but have no idea where that's sold.
    Mark
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why take the chance?
    '05 GT, Gray metalic, oem 5 spoke, FRPP 500hp Whipple 3.5" pulley, Centerforce DFX clutch & fw, Eibach pro system plus 1.5" drop
    '90 GT - SOLD

Any normal automotive paint will survive a long trip, I would suggest you use common sense - drive on paved roads and not behind gravel trucks.

I used Glad Press-n-seal once when going to the track with my newly painted fox, worked well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armen
    Ignore him. That guy couldn't say a good think about a Ford if his life depended on it.

Blue painters tape always worked well for me, zero residue, easy to apply and remove.

Quote Originally Posted by checkered demon View Post
    Any normal automotive paint will survive a long trip, I would suggest you use common sense - drive on paved roads and not behind gravel trucks.
    Agreed. It should, but I'd hate to buy a car with good paint only to have it chipped before I get a chance to enjoy it. Yes, common sense reduces the risk for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    I used Glad Press-n-seal once when going to the track with my newly painted fox, worked well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve13GT View Post
    Blue painters tape always worked well for me, zero residue, easy to apply and remove.
    I never considered press & seal. Thanks guys.
    Mark
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why take the chance?
    '05 GT, Gray metalic, oem 5 spoke, FRPP 500hp Whipple 3.5" pulley, Centerforce DFX clutch & fw, Eibach pro system plus 1.5" drop
    '90 GT - SOLD