Thread: WTB: 2 Post Car Hoist New or Used

Honi soit qui mal y pense FOXGT500VERT's Avatar

WTB: 2 Post Car Hoist New or Used

As the title states looking for a 2 Post Hoist but no made in China units. Can be a used unit or if anyone has suggestions on new units I am open to that as well. Let me know what you got...
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Try Park & Stack Corp., at 416 322 - 2262.

A coworker of mine has one that he wants to sell. Pm me your number and I will get him to call you.

Most new hoists are made in China ! Rotary & Challenger are assembled in North America! Depending if you are using for hobby or business? New Rotary, Challenger offer a better warranty. Bend Pak also makes a fairly good hoist(as a 2 post). Price will depend on the Capacity! Anything over 10000lbs is going to be pricey!
    If your looking at used 2 post, Make sure that you do not have wear on guides, Check that cables do not have more than 2 broken strands(per cable) & check that the hoses are not weeping oil(no cylinder leaks)
    Also, good idea to open reservoir & smell oil, burnt smell asking for trouble(hydraulic pump is not cheap)
    Good luck!! The best money that you will spend!

My buddy works for Amco, where are you located

I might be selling the hoists at the shop to upgrade , only a year and a half old .like new still
    3 available 9000 pounds
    WK Performance
    Sparta Small Tire Shootout Fall 2014 Runner up ,NMRA 2015 15th annual Ford Nationals at MIR Gt500 terminator shootout Runner up- Old set up ,Stock longblock (ported heads ) , TVS @21 , lentech 4r70w ,Tuned by Diogo Lopez DCT Flash , Best 9.4 @140.99

If going used, I would recommend sticking with Rotary. $2000-$3000 will get you a good 5-15 year old hoist.

I have a 2001 AMCO/Snap-on 9000lbs at home and it's garbage compared to our 1996 7000lb Rotary's at work.
    1988 5.0L Coupe

Honi soit qui mal y pense FOXGT500VERT's Avatar

Thank you for all the replies. Currently looking for a commercial unit to set this up in but it could be a few months before finding one according to the agent.
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."