Thread: WTB: 2 Post Car Hoist New or Used

Honi soit qui mal y pense FOXGT500VERT's Avatar

WTB: 2 Post Car Hoist New or Used

As the title states looking for a 2 Post Hoist but no made in China units. Can be a used unit or if anyone has suggestions on new units I am open to that as well. Let me know what you got...
    Finish Line Performance & Team Beefcake Racing, Building and Racing Canada's Fastest Coyote 5.0's

Try Park & Stack Corp., at 416 322 - 2262.

A coworker of mine has one that he wants to sell. Pm me your number and I will get him to call you.

Most new hoists are made in China ! Rotary & Challenger are assembled in North America! Depending if you are using for hobby or business? New Rotary, Challenger offer a better warranty. Bend Pak also makes a fairly good hoist(as a 2 post). Price will depend on the Capacity! Anything over 10000lbs is going to be pricey!
    If your looking at used 2 post, Make sure that you do not have wear on guides, Check that cables do not have more than 2 broken strands(per cable) & check that the hoses are not weeping oil(no cylinder leaks)
    Also, good idea to open reservoir & smell oil, burnt smell asking for trouble(hydraulic pump is not cheap)
    Good luck!! The best money that you will spend!

My buddy works for Amco, where are you located

I might be selling the hoists at the shop to upgrade , only a year and a half old .like new still
    3 available 9000 pounds
    WK Performance
    Sparta Small Tire Shootout Fall 2014 Runner up ,NMRA 2015 15th annual Ford Nationals at MIR Gt500 terminator shootout Runner up- Old set up ,Stock longblock (ported heads ) , TVS @21 , lentech 4r70w ,Tuned by Diogo Lopez DCT Flash , Best 9.4 @140.99

If going used, I would recommend sticking with Rotary. $2000-$3000 will get you a good 5-15 year old hoist.

I have a 2001 AMCO/Snap-on 9000lbs at home and it's garbage compared to our 1996 7000lb Rotary's at work.
    1988 5.0L Coupe

Thank you for all the replies. Currently looking for a commercial unit to set this up in but it could be a few months before finding one according to the agent.
    Finish Line Performance & Team Beefcake Racing, Building and Racing Canada's Fastest Coyote 5.0's

Alrighty finally secured some space and in addition to a 2 post I am interested in the following:

- 4 Post drive on hoist
    - Compressor (Industrial type...no Princess Auto Chickity China stuff)
    - Industrial cantilever racking (I have a goofy idea of storing project cars up off the ground)
    - Large toolbox
    - Sandblasting Cabinet

Just a place to work on my scrap and to keep it all in one place. Feel free to chime in if you know of or have items of use beyond what I've listed.

Looking like I will get in there mid January or so.