Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Edge Coyote Swap:

Which shop did the swap and will it pass e-test?

Quote Originally Posted by caught3x View Post
    got to ask a friend who did this swap in his 01 vert. says he's running 2 computers... 1 for dash 1 for engine tranny... not sure but he paid to get installed and car runs fast and good. looking to do this to a 94gt soon. got the whole front end of a 13 f150 from dash forward...(cut roof to floor) hook the tank up and it will still run...lol

1994 Mustang Gt - Supercharged
    2007 Corvette RFZ06 - Stock
    2008 Viper SRT10 Carroll Shelby Edition - Stock

Good question. Nobody likes to give that answer. You can try SHM in woodstock. He has done alot of swaps
    Pain is what makes you stronger.

Mine will pass emissions with twin turbos on it. A good tuner can make it even cleaner with the adjustable cams.
    1993 Fox Coupe Twin Turbo Coyote Build

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtospare View Post
    Mine will pass emissions with twin turbos on it. A good tuner can make it even cleaner with the adjustable cams.
    Yes I agree if you are a coyote swap fox. Very easy to pass on tail pipe. I think Mineral Grey Pony & Fun Ford are asking on how to pass with cars that run OBD2. They don't have the option of tail pipe. Due to the years of there cars. 97 and up with OBD2 have to do the plug in test. No Tail pipe. They only get one cond-pass. Then they must pass the next time around. It's the new rules as on April 2017.

So I guess the question is, can you pass doing a coyote swap on a new edge going through OBD2 ?? Tuners can no longer make it N/A. Once they scan your car. They now want to see a ready.

Has anyone done a e-test this year after April 2017 with a coyote swap and pass with OBD2?

Hope this helps. I have a friend who is thinking of doing the same thing on his 04 GT. Just when we found out the new rules, nobody has an answer. What we need to do to pass legit. ??
    Pain is what makes you stronger.

I love my old pushrod 5.0 Lots of them and lots mods and parts for them.
    The old 4.6. 2v love them with cams or even with a blower. A blower is fun.
    Swaps are neat but they have their issues, as long as you don’t mind throwing money and time at it, then have at it.

Classic Member

There is a chance that we will be able to pass the obd2 test using the control pack pcm, I will find out in the spring when I go to do one. Until then, I'm going to try and get hold of a scan tool and see what monitors are all active in the control pack pcm, the control pack does have an engine light so it is monitoring something.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234