Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Edge Coyote Swap:

SC4.6 good to know. When I called they had told me different. I did not see that page link you posted when I looked. I will go by the link you posted. due to at times the person on the phone has no clue. LOL.
    But what about second time around, Will it still apply?

Depending how you read it.
    A vehicle that receives a conditional pass after April 1, 2017 is prohibited from receiving a consecutive conditional pass. For example, if a vehicle is issued a conditional pass after April 1, 2017, the next scheduled test in 2019 must result in a full pass.
    Pain is what makes you stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    So for the Fox guys that want to do this, what transmission and what power steering pump and a/c compressor is best to use?
    You can use any mod motor manual transmission or tremec/t5 with the swap bell housing. I am using a 03-04 cobra power steering pump mounted where the a/c pump normally sits. I made the bracket at work to use the factory a/c "stretch belt"
    Under construction: Coyote/T56 magnum swap in progress

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    So for the Fox guys that want to do this, what transmission and what power steering pump and a/c compressor is best to use?
    For the coyote swap just buy the engine complete with accessories. Coyotes have no PS so you will be required to use a pump from a doner car. Most use a volvo V70 pump and plumb it into the Hydroboost which is also required for the swap.
    1993 Fox Coupe Twin Turbo Coyote Build

So my initial plan is to get a Quick Time bell housing and use my T5, then look for a TKO500/600. Quick time bell housing has both trans bolt patterns.
    My used coyote will come with alt and a/c compressor. I like this p/s pump set up
    https://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com...r-Conditioning
    Shiney is my favorite colour

T5 will be killed in a day. Waste of time. try for a 3650 5 speed, it will hold up a little better. $1000 Canadian for a power steering pump? My $50 electric wreck pump is looking pretty damn good

what do you use to convert electric to cable for speedo?
    more info on the Volvo p/s pump. $50 does sound damn good
    Shiney is my favorite colour

well the $50 Volvo pump also need a bracket made, and line run. Still cheaper than that kit. Does eat up any HP either. Couple of solution for the speeds. I used a box called cable X. Take the 5 vols VSS pulse and converts it to a mechanical motor which spins the speedo. You can also use Florida 5.0 cluster and convert to autometer gauges and use the gps speedo.

I iz da Speczial! fivelitreboss302cobra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mineral Grey Pony View Post
    Any of our members actually do a Coyote swap, or consider it?

Love my car, but im plateaued with the power level.
    With bolt ons, it dyno'd 255hpp & 300 lbs/ft at the wheels, during DaSilva's Sick Kids show, bout 5 or 6 years ago. Also took it to the track. Best ET was 14.0 @ 99.97mph. Only did about 6 passes & wasn't over doing it, still had to drive it home.

Looking at options for my 02 GT.

Had an Eaton blower & considered a Tork tech, but decided I didn't wanna do it.

Considering adding boost, unsure weither to go with a Procharger or Kenne bell.
    My motor has 100% bone stock internals. Not being forged, I'm concerned about too much squeeze. Heard stock motors can handle 450hp, but if I'm spending thousands, i'd be pissd if the bottom end gives out.

Then there's a Coyote Swap.
    I've been following forums on this & it blows me away!!!!

All of the above obviously come with a substantial cost. Looking for the long term. Have absolutely NO intention of parting with my car, had it since new & it's staying with me!

I'm interested in serious opinions only.

Wadda y'all think?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    You can do other stuff, but in my opinion I'd do a Coyote,Swap. It'll cost you a little more but you have a bullitt proof motor. Coyote Motors are modern Motors with lots of potential for future upgrades.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk
    FIVELITREBOSS302COBRA

Quote Originally Posted by fivelitreboss302cobra View Post
    You can do other stuff, but in my opinion I'd do a Coyote,Swap. It'll cost you a little more but you have a bullitt proof motor. Coyote Motors are modern Motors with lots of potential for future upgrades.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk
    No doubt. Just gotta start saving & collect some parts over the winter.

Just wanna make sure emissions won't be a problem.

I want the car legit!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Mineral Grey Pony [COLOR=DimGray] :waiting: :waiting:

got to ask a friend who did this swap in his 01 vert. says he's running 2 computers... 1 for dash 1 for engine tranny... not sure but he paid to get installed and car runs fast and good. looking to do this to a 94gt soon. got the whole front end of a 13 f150 from dash forward...(cut roof to floor) hook the tank up and it will still run...lol
    Lead, Follow, Or get out of the way

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123