Thread: Recommendations for a Fuel injection upgrade on a 67 390

Recommendations for a Fuel injection upgrade on a 67 390

Hi, has anyone installed a fuel injection upgrade on a 67 390 engine? Looking for recommendations as to which manufacturer and install tips for a buddy who's looking to do this.

Daniel

A co-worker of mine is looking into a Fitech system for his Ď85, only reason being that his friend installed on on his 65 302 car and said it was the best thing he ever did. I didnít look too much into it but it sounds too simple to properly function to me, Iíd have more faith in the Holley Sniper system if it was mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armen
    Ignore him. That guy couldn't say a good think about a Ford if his life depended on it.

Been around a LONG time

Wow,reading this thread brought back some memories with the 67,390

Back in the late 70's early 80's a friend of mine who lived on the same street had a older brother who bought a 1967 Ford Galaxie 2 door with a 390.

He took the body off the frame at home and repaired one bad front frame rail at the local high school auto shop and installed a 4 speed top loader transmission.

He resurfaced our street with block long tire smoking burnouts on numerous occasions.It was insane.

Someone called the police after awhile and his father answered the door,and the cop asked if he owned a Ford Galaxie.

His father said he didn't own a Ford Galaxie and the police never came back.
    LOL.

After the 390 was done he installed a modded 428.
    That car was fast for a tank.

Having been a passenger in that car,it was fast and a tire smoker.

Been around a LONG time

Wow,reading this thread brought back some memories with the 67,390

Back in the late 70's early 80's a friend of mine who lived on the same street had a older brother who bought a 1967 Ford Galaxie 2 door with a 390.

He took the body off the frame at home and repaired one bad front frame rail at the local high school auto shop and installed a 4 speed top loader transmission.

He resurfaced our street with block long tire smoking burnouts on numerous occasions.It was insane.

Someone called the police after awhile and his father answered the door,and the cop asked if he owned a Ford Galaxie.

His father said he didn't own a Ford Galaxie and the police never came back.
    LOL.

After the 390 was done he installed a modded 428.
    That car was fast for a tank.

Having been a passenger in that car,it was fast and a tire smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    A co-worker of mine is looking into a Fitech system for his Ď85, only reason being that his friend installed on on his 65 302 car and said it was the best thing he ever did. I didnít look too much into it but it sounds too simple to properly function to me, Iíd have more faith in the Holley Sniper system if it was mine.
    there basic kits are limited. make sure your purchase the right kit. I would agree and go with the Holley stuff.
    1993 Fox Coupe Twin Turbo Coyote Build