Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spectra Premium radiator quality

Been around a LONG time

Spectra Premium radiator quality

Anyone have experience with these Spectra Premium rads?
    I looked last night for reviews and they were mixed;some say they are good and others say junk with poor quality and fitment issues.

My parents 1997 original Accord 2.2L rad sprang a leak.
    I e-mailed the local Honda dealer just for the hell of it for a price and those guys are smoking crack.
    $690 for a Denso original replacement rad,lol and $295 for some aftermarket made in China rad.

Spectra appear to be the lowest cost but are they any good and will they fit right and last a long time?They seem to dominate all the parts stores.

Blowin ALOT of hot air ! b-blown's Avatar

Canadian made and very good quality NEVER have had an issue ,,,but thats not to say that it doesn`t happen

Quote Originally Posted by b-blown View Post
    Canadian made and very good quality NEVER have had an issue ,,,but thats not to say that it doesn`t happen
    Yup Spectra is good stuff. They also make things like replacement oil pans and gas tanks etc.

Try 1-800-Radiator (70 Belfield Rd in Etobicoke, 416-431-9651) for pricing as well. They are very competitvely priced!

Eat my dust rice burner 87TTOPGT420's Avatar

1800 radiator pretty much beats everyone else pricing wise and they have several lines/brands

Been around a LONG time

Quote Originally Posted by 2DXTRM View Post
    Yup Spectra is good stuff. They also make things like replacement oil pans and gas tanks etc.

Try 1-800-Radiator (70 Belfield Rd in Etobicoke, 416-431-9651) for pricing as well. They are very competitvely priced!
    Are they good to deal with in the event of a possible return if it's defective?

Spectra is good quality stuff!, have just a stock replacement Spectra in my car now, $90 bucks at NAPA couldn't complain...wish I had of put a bug screen on it though aha

Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    Are they good to deal with in the event of a possible return if it's defective?
    Ive dealt with their Scarborough location. Havent had any issues with defects, but they do take them back (depending on the warranty offered, some are 1 year, some have lifetime).

Try Partsource - last year gave me a Lifetime replacement warrenty for a rad on my daugther's car. Note: they USED to be made in Stratford years ago, it's just a warehouse now - one guess where they are made now.

Blowin ALOT of hot air ! b-blown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redo75 View Post
    Try Partsource - last year gave me a Lifetime replacement warrenty for a rad on my daugther's car. Note: they USED to be made in Stratford years ago, it's just a warehouse now - one guess where they are made now.
    actually they have 2 manufacturing sites in Quebec -Boucherville, Quebec & Laval, Quebec

A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Been around a LONG time

Quote Originally Posted by redo75 View Post
    I was at Partsource recently and Spectra is the only radiator brand they carry,nothing else.
    They said there was a lifetime replacement warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast