Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Spectra Premium radiator quality

  1. #1
    Been around a LONG time

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    4,527

    Spectra Premium radiator quality

    Anyone have experience with these Spectra Premium rads?
    I looked last night for reviews and they were mixed;some say they are good and others say junk with poor quality and fitment issues.

    My parents 1997 original Accord 2.2L rad sprang a leak.
    I e-mailed the local Honda dealer just for the hell of it for a price and those guys are smoking crack.
    $690 for a Denso original replacement rad,lol and $295 for some aftermarket made in China rad.

    Spectra appear to be the lowest cost but are they any good and will they fit right and last a long time?They seem to dominate all the parts stores.

  2. #2
    Blowin ALOT of hot air ! b-blown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Elliot Lake
    Posts
    5,261
    Canadian made and very good quality NEVER have had an issue ,,,but thats not to say that it doesn`t happen

  3. #3
    Been around a LONG time 2DXTRM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,465
    Quote Originally Posted by b-blown View Post
    Canadian made and very good quality NEVER have had an issue ,,,but thats not to say that it doesn`t happen
    Yup Spectra is good stuff. They also make things like replacement oil pans and gas tanks etc.


    Try 1-800-Radiator (70 Belfield Rd in Etobicoke, 416-431-9651) for pricing as well. They are very competitvely priced!

  4. #4
    Eat my dust rice burner 87TTOPGT420's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Windsor Ontario
    Posts
    3,558
    1800 radiator pretty much beats everyone else pricing wise and they have several lines/brands

  5. #5
    Been around a LONG time

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DXTRM View Post
    Yup Spectra is good stuff. They also make things like replacement oil pans and gas tanks etc.


    Try 1-800-Radiator (70 Belfield Rd in Etobicoke, 416-431-9651) for pricing as well. They are very competitvely priced!
    Are they good to deal with in the event of a possible return if it's defective?

  6. #6
    Senior Member mustang_scottie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stayner/Toronto
    Posts
    1,740
    Spectra is good quality stuff!, have just a stock replacement Spectra in my car now, $90 bucks at NAPA couldn't complain...wish I had of put a bug screen on it though aha

  7. #7
    Been around a LONG time 2DXTRM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,465
    Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    Are they good to deal with in the event of a possible return if it's defective?
    Ive dealt with their Scarborough location. Havent had any issues with defects, but they do take them back (depending on the warranty offered, some are 1 year, some have lifetime).

  8. #8
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    london
    Posts
    199
    Try Partsource - last year gave me a Lifetime replacement warrenty for a rad on my daugther's car. Note: they USED to be made in Stratford years ago, it's just a warehouse now - one guess where they are made now.

  9. #9
    Blowin ALOT of hot air ! b-blown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Elliot Lake
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by redo75 View Post
    Try Partsource - last year gave me a Lifetime replacement warrenty for a rad on my daugther's car. Note: they USED to be made in Stratford years ago, it's just a warehouse now - one guess where they are made now.
    actually they have 2 manufacturing sites in Quebec -Boucherville, Quebec & Laval, Quebec


    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

  10. #10
    Been around a LONG time

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by redo75 View Post
    Try Partsource - last year gave me a Lifetime replacement warrenty for a rad on my daugther's car. Note: they USED to be made in Stratford years ago, it's just a warehouse now - one guess where they are made now.
    I was at Partsource recently and Spectra is the only radiator brand they carry,nothing else.
    They said there was a lifetime replacement warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •